BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

24th Week

So... It's been about 2 weeks since i've written anything....

lets start from the beginning, just kidding, everyone knows I can't keep track of the order I do things...


Today I had my 24 week OB visit. I'm exactly 24 weeks as of today... you all know what that means right ;) (haha!)... Well. at my appointment I did a blood glucose test. now for those of you that have no idea what this is i'll explain. you drink 10oz of this NASTY orange 'juice' that has a ton of stuff in it (it's nasty, so who cares what the ingredients are, right?) Then 1 hour later, you get your blood drawn. They use it to check glucose tolerance, which measures diabetes and gestational diabetes.... So I got to the Dr early and went to do this test, got my blood drawn & went for my appointment. At the end of the the Appt. my Dr. said "you'll be doing the 'nasty drink' at the next appointment"... immediately I said "they had me do that today! it was in the lab orders... " ... turns out, she ordered it early.. I must have messed her up at the last appointment because I measured at 23 weeks insteady of 20, so according to her memory I was probably about 27 weeks... WRONG!.. haha. oh well. I have to do the test in 8 weeks now, atleast I get a break.
The appointment went good. Dino Baby's heart rate was between 150-155 and I measured big (again..) I was supposed to measure around 24, instead I measured 26.. I have only gained about 5 pounds since the start of this pregnancy. (which doesn't seem like much, but i am still complaining about it). My next appointment is in 4 weeks and we'll see what my measurements are like then.

The last couple weeks this Dino baby has been moving and grooving a LOT. Marshal got to feel him kick a couple of times. which is really exciting, the first time he was amazed, now it's like he doesn't care as much.... must be a man thing. Jada still hasn't felt baby brother, but she did ask where his heartbeat was... I'll have to bring home my stethoscope from work and see if it's to soon to try to use that for her to hear.

Also, this week is TURKEY week. Last Sunday we went to my parents church and then to there house and had turkey day there. It was so good. so 1 down, 2 to go. on Thanksgiving we will be going to (ready for this) my husband's step-mother's parents (so my step-mother-in-law's Parents).. oh I love getting together with that family, everyone is such good cooks.. I drool just thinking about it. Then on Saturday we are going to my father-in-law's Mother's house. I'm also excited for that... mmmm.... I don't eat as much as I used to (which is probably why i've only gained 5 pounds) but i still get full and enjoy the people (even tho I hardly know anyone on Marshal's side.... we don't talk to them much.. they are more 'loners' then my family)
But both of those days also means late nights for me. Dinner doesn't start until 5 (or that's when we are supposed to be there at least) and I'm usually in bed by 8 (I'm the oldest 20-year-old you'll ever meet). and both of the houses are about an hour away... ugh... I'll be tired.

It snowed up here too! in 1 day we got about 8inches (I'm really bad at guessing.... ) and boy was I ready for it! so was Jada!! She said it's all her fault because she "prayed for it" and now she's happy. :D But it's all fluffy and white and wonderful. I hate the cold, but I love the snow. I think it's so so beautiful!!

Anyways. That's about all my train of thought will do today. Hope everyone has a GREAT thanksgiving and drives safely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment