BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

random :D

So I know I haven't blogged in awhile, but I've been pretty busy. I'm now 34 weeks. Cannot wait to be done!

not much has really happened lately. We shampooed the carpet in the living room and it was NASTY! can't wait to get the other rooms done. We've also been doing a lot of cleaning and re-arranging and throwing things away. Let's face it, getting ready for a new baby is hard enough in a house, let alone a tiny trailer. But I have finally let myself live with the fact that I have a lot of junk. and it's not really junk, it's just stuff that I don't use, but someone else could. So into a box it goes, and off to be donated. It feels good to get rid of things. I have gotten rid of a LOT of clothes too. I've realized that #1. It doesn't fit... too small... and #2. when/if it ever fit, i'll want to just get new clothes, because most of the clothes that don't fit, are from highschool. and I want to get over that time of my life. I've also learned that I can talk Marshal into getting rid of stuff too, which is cool! and if he doesn't want to get rid of it, I shove it in a box and label it "marshal's electrical crap" and i'm ok with that.. I'm ok with having that box sit in the top of my closet, until he decides to sort it. and stuff can be added to that box so it HAS A HOME! yay!!

one thing marshal made Jada do was sort her stuffed animals. She was ok with this. I, however, was a wreck. most of her stuffed animals were mine. and they all have a place in my heart (yeah, i know.. I'm an adult, but they all have stories!). He said we didn't have to get rid of them, but she needs more room in her room. So she put ones that weren't her favorites into a box, and that box will be stored until she's ready to trade some out.
I've also learned that Jada won't fit in her clothes for forever, and even tho I love that shirt, it doesn't fit her no matter how hard I try. I have saved some of the custom shirts that My grandma has made for Jada (with her name on it) and I plan on framing it somehow... I just can't make myself get rid of it.

Anyways. our house is looking better and better every week. and the garage is too. We've been getting rid of a lot of stuff. and It's exciting. (I hope Marshal likes the changes too!)

I do have stuff that he wants me to get rid of that I cannot get rid of.. like my wedding dress... which brings up a new topic (I know, random. lol)

have you ever looked on craigslist? seen a "wedding dress" post with no picture.. the description says something like "beautiful wedding dress, size 10, worn once for 5 hours, clean. paid $800, will take $500 OBO. call __" blah blah blah... well I read these and laugh.. think about it. #1 there's no picture... #2. who's going to write something saying "ugly wedding dress, size 10, worn for 5 hours, spilt beer and a little cake crust on it,..." etc....
now, I do LOVE to look at dresses on craigslist. plus awesome idea to post it. #1. when are you going to wear it again. #2. a lot of people can't afford a $800+ dress, who wouldn't want to save money on a dress and get it used, even if it is used, it might still be the perfect dress!
but it just makes me laugh.

That runs me on another bunny trail... have you ever watched a tv game show? lets say, the newly wed game.. when they are introducing themselves they always say "... and this is my wonderful husband (or wife) ___....". now think about it. would you want to say on tv "this is my pain in the ass, lazy, husband ___". umm, my guess is no. depending on the game tho, I probably would :D

I don't know. those are just little things that i've always thought about. feel free to comment your thoughts.

So. as far as dino baby goes. at my last appointment, i measured 2 weeks bigger (so 35 weeks instead of 33). this has been the trend since i was 16 or 20 weeks.. so who knows, maybe i'll go sooner *fingers crossed*. He's also VERY active and just LOVES his daddy's voice. he goes nuts. I have all his clothes folded, washed, ready to go.. Just waiting for him to present himself.

other then that, things have been going pretty good.

hope you all have a happy Tuesday! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment